Views
Helpful
Replies

Manangement of Guest WLAN Anchor

scottwilliamson
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I'm about to install a guest anchor controller on our firewall. Do I have to connect the service port to the DMZ, or (as I suspect) is it safe to connect it to the internal network as no traffic should flow between the distribution and service h/w interfaces?

Many Thanks

Scott

3 Replies 3

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

If you allow restricted access to service port you can have it on the DMZ as it helps in configuring the Guest controller from a remote place. If no remote access is preferred it is safe to place it in internal network.

Hi Irisrios,

I take it by remote access you mean via the internet if you're a support company maintaining a customer's kit, for instance?

Many Thanks,

Scott

By access to the internet (I'm assuming) he means that the IP it gets would be internet reachable (which you dont want).

IF I use the service interface I'll typically put it on the secured network. Most of the time I dont use it at all (favoring HTTPS/SSH to the management interface)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card