Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth limitation !

Hi there !

My company has a branch with 4 IP Phones and I'd like to create a restriction allowing only 2 calls simultaniously...

I'm thinking of creating a LOCATIN for those IP phones and use 96kpbs for 2 calls (g729)

Is this the right way ?

Is there any other ?

Thanks

Andrei.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can change the message in the service parameters although I don't understand what you mean by "how can I change this message for a busy tone". Can you explain?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

I suspect you may be looking for Call Admission Control CAC:

<http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/intsolns/voipsol/cac.htm>

hth,

Ajaz

Well, it's something like that... but it seems that CAC only works with a voice gateway.. and that branch does not have a voice gateway, it's there only for QoS and routing functions...

I made I trial with LOCATIONS on CallManager (4.2) .. I created a location with 80kbps and it worked for only one call because it's using G711...

I don't understant why, because I configured All regions for g729...

Any idea on how can I make g729 ?

Thanks

Andrei.

Make sure that all phones have a region assigned to them.

Also 96 Kb/s is way too much bandwidth if you are looking to restrict calls to 2 G729 calls.

I create a new region and checked all configuration.. now it's working with g729... (24kbps per call)

Now I see a message on phone screen saying that there is not enough bandwidth... how can I change this message for a busy tone ?

Thanks

You can change the message in the service parameters although I don't understand what you mean by "how can I change this message for a busy tone". Can you explain?

Well, users don't know what is "not enought bandwidth".. but if they hear a busy tone insted, they'll know that cannot make that call at that moment.

But I changed the message to "All lines are busy".. I think it's ok now !

Thanks a lot.

Andrei.