Views
Helpful
Replies

ip telephony

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

hello

I Have to know how to set up ip telephony in my Company.From where can i begin?

10xs

12 Replies 12

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A 2801 with ccme bundle, up to 30 phones, bri o pots lines (up to 8 with pvdm2-8).

Router is about $2500, phones from $100 to $300 each.

There is also the uc520 but it seems it cost more.

hi

do you have any documents regarding/explaining this issue/setup

10xs

UC 500s could be cost effective depending on the number of phones and features you want to enable.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7293/index.html?pcontent=youinc_us

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

hello

Thanks for all ur reply:)but i need more info plz

10xs again

Hello!

are these software running on the Server Box or on such Cisco devices?and what these does?

Cisco Unified CallManager Express 4.0

Cisco Unity Express 2.2.2

Hello,

have you read the documents that have been linked above ?

CCME runs on the router starting from the price I mentioned above. No need for server or anything else. Reccomend to buy a switch with PoE so you will avoid the power supply that is a nuisance.

Hi Frend!

2nd Link Didn't Open..

10xs

it has opened

10xs

Al-Sayed

This software set will be running on Cisco IOS router platform. The router may well include a built in switch.

----------------------------------------------

<http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/partner/products/ps5520/c1031/cdccont_0900aecd80267c4f.pdf>

Cisco Unified CallManager Express extends the benefits of IP communications and “enterpriselike”

capability to the small office on a Cisco router:

* Reduces total cost of ownership (TCO) by delivering voice and data on a consolidated

infrastructure

* Complements the end-to-end Cisco IP Communications portfolio by cost-effectively

extending IP telephony support to the small-business telephony market

* Offers simple configuration and deployment for enterprise customers who are familiar with

Cisco infrastructure

* Takes advantage of Cisco data expertise, market leadership, and industry-standard Cisco

IOS® Software

* Enables flexible configuration and management using familiar Cisco IOS Software

command-line interface (CLI) or a Web-based GUI

* Supports converged applications, including content networking, video, quality of service

(QoS), firewall, VPN, DSL, Ethernet, and Extensible Markup Language (XML) services

* Provides 100-percent investment protection for customers evaluating IP telephony if they

choose to migrate to a centralized Cisco Unified CallManager architecture

------

Hello!

10xs for all ur reply

Ali

You will be happy with CCME, it's an excellent solution.

Only thing, it doesn't supports Arabic language. If you are interested in that, you would need full CCM.

Thanks for the nice rating an good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: