Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME xml api

Mike-1985
Level 1
Level 1

hi all!

I'm trying to do some xml requests to a Cisco CallManager Express 4.1(0). But every time i get a "The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly." error.

After a while i found the default test page on the CCME for testing the xml API: http://CCME-IP/ISApi/AXL/V1/soapisapi.is You only need to past this in the url bar of your browser

When i submit the gerenated code on that page i recieve the following error: "Cannot find server - The page cannot be displayed" But when i press the f5 button the default test page shows again.

Is there anyone who can help me? Thanks in advance!

18 Replies 18

masur_fox_spr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I have the same situation. Maybe AXL web server is not configured properly . How can I ensure that AXL server is running and configured properly for CCME?

Please help me!!!

Thanks ahead

Hi,

the AXL server is embedded. Once you have the config that includes "xmltest" and the mysterious "log password abcd" you should have it running. See:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/srnd/design/guide/managcme.html

But your solution is only for CCME version earlier then 4.0. I havn't managed to make AXL run in 4.0 and later.

Has anyone seen it running in CCME 4.0 and later ? (4.0 added ixi - and this may be the problem)

If anyone has a working AXL please share this information - how to do it.

Hi, I do use the test mentioned above with CCME 4.1 and the router responds correctly as described in the SRND.

Then I don't use AXL because the features in there are insufficiente for my needs, but that's another issue.

Hi.

Now I've resolved the problem. Under CCME 4.0 and later xmltest command is not available in help system. So IOS does not expand it when you press tab. I was thinking that xmltest command was removed. If you enter it by hand (and forget about command expanding) everything start to work.

You can verify that if you enter xml under telephony-service and press TAB. xmltest is not expanded.

Thank you for verifying that it is working under 4.0 and later. Right now I can also verify that it is working.

Mirek

Nothing strange, some commands are hidden one release and visible the next, or viceversa.

Sometime one thinks that this cisco's way to make your work "interesting".

Hello,

I have a CME and I have tested the "xmltest" calling it from my browser and it works.

Now what I want do to is create an application ASP.Net in order to connect to the CME, pass the authentication and then make some request to it in order to retrieve if an ip phone has the line "idle" or "inuse".

I tried to built the application but I have an error, I pass the authentication and then afetr posting the query copied from the xmltest web page, I get the answer "underlining connection closed".

Have you an idea why?

Have I to disable the "xmtest" ?

I fI disable it I see on the debug on the CME the error "test_xml_api not set".

I think I'm wrong in somthing, but I don't know where.

Please, can you help me ?

I'm doing this because I would like to simply retrieve if an ip hone is idle, busy, and if it is making a transfer.

Looks like the CME doesn't like the query you sent. If you capture the response code, you should be able to see what's going on.

Yes, you're right!

But in what way can I capture the response?

Hello,

sorry if I'm boring you but I'm new and I don't understand very well the mechanism.

We have tested the "xmltest" and it works perfectly.

Then we have built an application in Java whihc makes the connection to the CME, makes the authentication and sends a request to the CME identical to the one generated by the web interface of the "xmltest" sample.

The problem is that we don't know if we have to disable the xmltest ( i mean "no xmltest"), and create another file xml-test.html to push into the CME in order to do our applications, or if we can simply delete from the flash the xml-test.html and send request to the CME...we are in confusion because we don't know the correct way to proceed.

Please help me!

Thank you very much!

You can capture the complete http transaction using wireshark, and find what is different.

sullyb007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently getting this error on CME 4.1 as well, but in a little different situation. When I try to submit the request, the response is always "The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly."

The test page seems to be set up correctly, I can reach it on my browser, generate the xml for a call, but when I hit submit, I just get a blank page. I'm not even getting the "Cannot find server" error. All submits just come back with a blank page.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Are you using MS IE, as is needed ?

You must have "xmltest" command entered under telephony-service

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: