cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

locale installation cm 5.1.2 annunciator

littledavewhite
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client in the UK who wants the voice recording changing for when you dial a number that is not in the dial plan. I have changed the locale in the Device pool and installed all of the relevant files, i cant find any documentation to say wether the UK locale will change the recording to an english accent as apposed to an american accent. Any ideas ? sorry to all you americans out there, i think the accent is fine.

5 Replies 5

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

You can change it by "network locales".

i installed the network locale ? is there something i need to update. I have configured all devices to use a device pool set to english. I have also pointed the announciator at the Device pool.

Does anyone have any more information on this as I am having the same problem myself?

Also where did you get the relevant files from? Did you record them yourself or is there a standard cisco one which I can download?

Thanks

Chris

I spoke to a cisco SE in the UK, he tells me this is normal, there are no english accent recordings. The Locale just makes sure the tones are UK.

Hope this helps.

Dave white

Thanks for the speedy response Dave, it's a shame that they dont have any standard recording with an English accent.

As for the locale, thanks for that as that answers another question I had.