Views
Helpful
Replies

Warning Errors in DMA

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am upgrading a call manager from 4.1(3) to 5.1(2)

I am running the DMA tool version 5.1(3)

I get the following error while the tool is validating the file

[06:36:11 PM] The results are : Export - Successful. Validation - Successful with warning(s).

[06:36:11 PM] Some data does not comply with all rules in the target version. Cisco strongly recommends that

[06:36:11 PM] you address the issues and run DMA again prior to running the upgrade. Failure to address the

[06:36:11 PM] issues may result in a loss of functionality after the upgrade.

Attached is the Warning logs:

Does anyone know what i need to fix. In the logs it mentions "Business Rule Violations"

I thought that it was maybe illegal characters in the userid's or names. So i changed them and reran the DMA.

Still same errors.

Anyone run into this before?

please help if you can :)

thanks

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ken,

I'm sure you are on the right track here with the names below showing errors;

Only characters A-Z, a-z, 0-9 are allowed in prompt name , so get rid of . () - '

LlorensJean-Francois

Hale-LindsayRobin

McIlrath-CarterJessie

Lackey-ZachmanLea

WhiteJ.B.

Jimenez-RichardsElena

O'HaraKaren

LoyLee (Tooey)

O'DellKatie

WilliamsA. Lanita

SimpsonGeorge (Larry)

Hope this helps!

Rob

thanks Rob,

I did remove those characters from the user names and reran DMA but had the same errors.

I also looked in SQL for the table that the error references but did not see one

Hi Ken,

Yes, it seems to be the aapromptname that is causing this problem. I wish that I could help you with the SQL query but I know less than zero about it. So it must be names associated with an IVR/CRS script. The was a bug in earlier DMA Versions related to this that was supposed to be fixed in 5.1.3 but maybe not??

CSCsa98606 DMA DirExport: Map the AAPromptName of Directory to crsappliction Table

Caveat

DMA needs to migrate CRS application data.

Current Condition

The release of Data Migration Assistant 5.1(3) resolves this problem.

Also check Page 76;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/datadict/6_0_1/dd601.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

thanks Rob,

I was doing some digging too and it looks like it is CRS.

The weird thing is that CRS is not installed on this box. At least it is not now. I wonder where DMA is getting that information. I don't see anything in sql about CRS.

I'll ask the customer if they had installed it and taken it off. Hopefully i can do the upgrade even with this error.

I'd like to get a good go ahead from tac though before i try it :)

I am getting the same errors. Have you upgraded your CCM yet? I am upgrading 4.2(3) to 6.0(1) and I am using DMA 6.0(1).

Please share your experience.

Thx

Hi there,

All the errors seemed to point to CRS. Since we never installed CRS that the customer remembered I went in and deleted the users that the errors were coming from.

I then ran the DMA and the errors were gone :)

I then upgraded and everything went fine.

Hope this helps

Hi,

Finally, did someone found anything about this CRSApplication table? I'd like to correct all the data but I still canno't find its location.

Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: