caller issues with select resource/connect, IPCC X 4.05

Unanswered Question
Oct 15th, 2007

Is there any way to keep callers in the queue, listening to the queue message while the select resource step rings the agent phone? Right now, it puts them on hold while it rings the phone & gets an agent to answer. Worse, if the first agent doesn't answer & nobody else is ready, it drops them back into queue after popping the agent into "not ready"

Am i missing a setting on the server somewhere that will keep them in queue until answered? If not, is there a way that i can write the script so that it doesn't send the caller off to the agent until after they answer the phone - even if the agent had to press a button or something to take the call?

thanks,

John

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
bwilmoth Fri, 10/19/2007 - 13:52

In a simple workflow script scenario, if a contact is routed to an agent, but the agent does not answer the call (ring no answer), the call will be placed back in the queue. If there are agents available then the CRS will attempt to route the contact to the next available agent. If you do not want the call to be placed back in the queue after ring no answer, and instead configure different options, then you can try the following:

In the Select Resource step attributes, configure the "Connect" parameter to "No" (default is "Yes").

This means when Agent becomes available, the "Select" branch will be executed but the contact will not be immediately connected to the Agent, so you need to add a "Connect" step under the "Selected" branch.

If the "Connect" fails (eg: the Agent does not answer the call), the "Failed" branch underneath the "Connect" step will be executed. Here you can Dequeue the contact from the CSQ and add different logic if you wish.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_4_0/english/administ/crs401gs.pdf

Actions

This Discussion