cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Are these normal?

redrobish
Level 1
Level 1

I set a RTMT-alert for my call managers.

But since then, it's alerting me with:

==================================

[RTMT-ALERT] NumberOfRegisteredMediaDevicesDecreased

Cisco

At 04:21:14 on 10/16/2007 on cluster StandAloneCluster.

Number of registered Media Devices decreased .

Current monitored precanned object has decreased by 2.

=========================================

When I check which media device, these 2 have the timestamp:

x_CONF2 Registered 192.168.x.x 192.168.y.y Cisco IOS Conference Bridge (HDV2) N/A 04:21:14 AM 10/16/07

x_XCODE2 Registered 192.168.x.x 192.168.y.y Cisco IOS Media Termination Point (HDV2) N/A 04:21:37 AM 10/16/07

It happens 3x this day. Are these normal?

Where can I start looking?

tnx

5 Replies 5

brauntelephony
Level 1
Level 1

I've received those when I rebooted a gateway which provided DSP resources to the cluster. That matches the description of the devices in your error message too.

Could you be losing connectivity to your gateway intermittently?

I don't know! but as far as I know, no one reboots our gateway.

Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot this?

If these devices are unregistering then they will log an event in the Application event log and CCM trace log. You can look for events related to your hosts and look for DeviceUnregistered or DeviceTransientConnection events. Look in the description information for the reason code. The reason code will give you a good starting place.

Check URL: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/err_msgs/4_x/alarms41.htm

Of course this is assuming you are using CM3.x or 4.x. Not sure from your post which CM version you are using.

On the gateway itself, you can easily check if someone has rebooted by doing a 'show version' and looking at the uptime. You can also look at the 'show sccp statistics' to get an idea for how many times your gateway flaps.

Thus far, this information will confirm what RTMT is telling you and possibly (with the event logs) give you an idea if the device was reset manually. If the device is unregistering unexpectedly. I would check the local log and/or syslog host for your IOS gateway to see if you are getting Traceback errors or any other 'software' related problem message.

Of course, you will need to check the network path from the CallManager to the IOS gateway. Some questions to ask are if there is another gateway on the same logical segment or in the same physical path that can be used to validate the network. For that matter, you can look at the CM logs to see if you have multiple DeviceUnregistered or TransientConnection events at the same time your IOS gateways flap.

Without more information this is kind of 10,000 foot troubleshooting. Hope it helps anyway.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

thanks wjbell-ncn

It seems that my gateway is somehow losing connectivity. The "sho ver" & sho sccp stat" is no use. check this out:

=====================================

gateway_2# sho int gi0/0

6 output errors, 0 collisions, 3 interface resets

0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred

6 lost carrier, 0 no carrier, 0 pause output

============================================

my CCM is 4.1 & gw =cisco 3825.

The unregistered devices are those ip phones...the syslog doesn't show any reboot incident.

any more idea?

tnx

"show log" on the router

If you configure "logging event ?" or "ip accounting output-packets" on your interface you

to see if you have link issues

If this happens more frequently, you can probably run some type of debug on the router to determine if the disconnect is initiated from CM or from the router