Helpful
Replies

EARL_L3_ASIC error message

michal.grzelak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am getting this error messages a couple a day:

%EARL_L3_ASIC-SP-3-INTR_WARN: EARL L3 ASIC: Non-fatal interrupt Packet Parser block interrupt

I have read that this shouldn't be a problem as I get one or two errors, but what if I have it around 5 or 6 a day.

I have Cat6509-Sup32 with two line cards X6148-GE-TX.

Thanks for any information.

Michal

3 Replies 3

Mayank Nauni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michal,

The aforementioned error message indicates that the EARL L3 ASIC has detected an unexpected non-fatal condition.

This is not an alarming issue but re occurrence of this message indicates a flaw.

Thanks and Regards,

Mayank Nauni

-Regards,
Mayank Nauni
CCIE#48541
Cisco Champion 2019

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michal,

This message indicates that a bad packet was received and dropped. Thismeans that it is sourced as a bad packet, probalby a packet containing a Layer3 IP checksum error. These packets were normally dropped without logging in older versions of IOS, the feature of logging error messages about this is involved in the IOS above 12.2SX. This message is harmless on your network and would have been dropped by the reveiving device anyways.

If you'd like to troubleshoot this further you can set up a sniffer and monitor your traffic to know where it comes from since the root is probably a device attached to your switch. I do not think even if it comes 5-6 should be of concern but yes if there are frequent then we need to find out which device in network is sending those corrupted packets.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Hi,

Thanks for replay. It would be trouble for me to find source of this packet, becouse it a switch in a data center with around 80 servers attached to it, but as you says it is not any network problem, that is fine for me.

Regards:

Michal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco