Views
Helpful
Replies

Limiting Maximum number of calls.

breakwaterit
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning all,

I have a need to send 13 calls over a 2MB pipe at g711. The issue is that I never want the system to allow a 14th call. The issue I have Is that I have 2 Dial-Peers one from and one to my SIP provider. Does anyone know If there is a way to dynamicall set the maximum to be 13 so I could have 6 in 7 out one minute then 12 out 1 in the next?

Many Thanks

Paul

3 Replies 3

bgibson
Level 1
Level 1

The direction of the call doesn't really matter.

There is no way I know of to limit the physical number of calls.

However you can set up your locations to effectively the number of calls.

Set up 2 locations. Have your phones split respectively between the 2 locations.

Set the audio limitation between the locations to 1156 Mb/s. That should limit the number of calls to 14 plus give you a little wiggle room.

I would test your configs, however, to make sure that the location limit is sufficient for 14 normal voice calls in your environment.

Hi

Thanks for the reaply,im using the Max-Con = x in each dial pair this limits the number of calls but because its a fixed number It causes me an issue.I dont have access to both ends of the call I can`t control that.

Regards

Paul

brauntelephony
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have the ability to implement Call Admission Control on the routers (gateways)?

With two dial-peers, the "max-conn" command probably won't do the trick, but would exploring controlling the global resource usage with the "call threshold" command possibly help out here?