Views
Helpful
Replies

Limiting Maximum number of calls.

breakwaterit
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning all,

I have a need to send 13 calls over a 2MB pipe at g711. The issue is that I never want the system to allow a 14th call. The issue I have Is that I have 2 Dial-Peers one from and one to my SIP provider. Does anyone know If there is a way to dynamicall set the maximum to be 13 so I could have 6 in 7 out one minute then 12 out 1 in the next?

Many Thanks

Paul

3 Replies 3

bgibson
Level 1
Level 1

The direction of the call doesn't really matter.

There is no way I know of to limit the physical number of calls.

However you can set up your locations to effectively the number of calls.

Set up 2 locations. Have your phones split respectively between the 2 locations.

Set the audio limitation between the locations to 1156 Mb/s. That should limit the number of calls to 14 plus give you a little wiggle room.

I would test your configs, however, to make sure that the location limit is sufficient for 14 normal voice calls in your environment.

Hi

Thanks for the reaply,im using the Max-Con = x in each dial pair this limits the number of calls but because its a fixed number It causes me an issue.I dont have access to both ends of the call I can`t control that.

Regards

Paul

brauntelephony
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have the ability to implement Call Admission Control on the routers (gateways)?

With two dial-peers, the "max-conn" command probably won't do the trick, but would exploring controlling the global resource usage with the "call threshold" command possibly help out here?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: