Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can WIC and HWIC coexist?

Hi,

I have a 2811 with c2800-advsecurityk9-m, version 12.4 (11)xw, which i recently installed.

up to recently, i only had a single wic (adsl over pots) installed that i used for my internet.

i decided to add a second line to our office, and so ordered an hwic (adsl over pots). however, the router see's only one of them at a time, whichever one is installed in 0/0.

Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

which exact version of 12.4(11)XW ? can you upgrade to XW4 and try again?

Also please collect output of show ver and show diag, post it here.

alrighty,

ive attached my show ver, and show diag...

i can upgrade ios, but will it work??

Hi,

You should upgrade anyway because very first XW has many bugs and has been deferred.

I can't tell if it will work. The wic card is not recognized when coexisting with hwic. If after upgrade problem still exist, I suggest that you contact the TAC for assistance.

What ios would you recommend??

i tried 12.4(15)...and a few others..nothing...

You may be running into some sort of incompatibility, no matter the IOS used, and the last word on that is to cisco.

I think two HWICs should work.

i tried to wics, and they didnt work...

You definitely need to confirm with cisco on this issue. If the producet are still new you are entitled to support even in lack of a contract, mention this to the dispatcher and they should open a case for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: