Ciscoworks V2.6 Device discovery stopped

Answered Question
Oct 16th, 2007

Hello all.

I'm running CW2.6 which was upgraded from 2.5, and had a license change from restricted to unresticted on 10 Sept. Recently (3 Oct), Campus (ver 4.0.6) has stopped doing a device discovery at either its scheduled time, or on demand.

Any sugestions on how to get it going again please.

Thanks

Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 9 years 4 months ago

To add to yjdabear's reply, your DEVICESROOT property in DeviceDiscovery.properties is:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\campus\lib\classpath

This needs to be a valid directory with correct contents. Check to make sure this directory exists (i.e. that C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx is your true NMSROOT), and check the permissions. casuser or casusers must have full control.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Bernard Steadman Mon, 10/22/2007 - 01:03

I've tried stopping crmdmgtd, renaming DeviceDiscovery.Properties.orig to DeviceDiscovery.Properties, change the file path within the file, and restart crmdmgtd.

It now notifies campus to start a discovery, but immediatley shows as idle.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks

Bernie

Bernard Steadman Tue, 10/23/2007 - 04:31

To add to this, the process status report shows this

33. DeviceDiscovery Failed to run 0 -2 1073741822 N/A 23/10/2007 14:29:11 Not applicable Application failed or was registered incorrectly.

Bernie

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Tue, 10/23/2007 - 07:19

To add to yjdabear's reply, your DEVICESROOT property in DeviceDiscovery.properties is:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\campus\lib\classpath

This needs to be a valid directory with correct contents. Check to make sure this directory exists (i.e. that C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx is your true NMSROOT), and check the permissions. casuser or casusers must have full control.

Bernard Steadman Wed, 10/24/2007 - 00:29

Thank you both for your time and pactience.

It worked on the 5th attempt on copying/renaming the DeviceDiscovery.properties file

For reference, I used DEVICESROOT=C:\\PROGRA~1\\CSCOpx\\campus\\lib\\classpath

Love to know what corrupted the file as no changes were made to the system near the 3rd Oct.

Bernie

Actions

This Discussion