Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP problem

sandy3006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

can any one tell me how can we get EIGRP third AD-5 and wat all configuration is needed plz explain it to me in configuration commands if possible.

thanks in advance

6 Replies 6

saimbt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sandy,

EIGRP will have a third AD-5 whenever there is summarization done by EIGRP.

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

AD 5 is for summarized routes. Here an example:

For topology displayed in the picture, to have summary route with AD 5 appear on R4, type this on R3:

(config)interface eth0

(config-if)ip summary-address eigrp 192.168.0.0 255.255.254.0

Pavlo

Yes AD of 5 is for EIGRP summarized routes. And it is local to the router that does summarization. Unless I am misunderstanding something, if you summarize on R3 then R3 will have AD of 5 but R4 will have normal AD for those routes.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick,

By "normal", is that 90 or 170? I presume it would be 90, wouldn't it?

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

hi all,

yes rick ur right AD-5 will be shown on the router where summarization is done not on R4 i have done that thanks rick i have done theory but i was unable to do it practically thanks once again

regards,

sandeep

hi all,

yes rick ur right AD-5 will be shown on the router where summarization is done not on R4 i have done that thanks rick i have done theory but i was unable to do it practically thanks once again

regards,

sandeep

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card