cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 ISR w/ HWIC-D-9ESW and NME-16ES-1G-P

greg.huber
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2811 ISR with a 16 port Etherswitch plugged into Slot 1 and a 9 port FE switch plugged into slot 0 - subslot 3. The 9 port FE is showing up in the router config as a series of Fe ports while the 16 port switch doesn't show up in the router config at all. I wish to set up the 2 Etherswitches to be stacked so that I can use the additional 9 ports that I just installed. I'm hoping someone could provide feedback on how I can set that up.

3 Replies 3

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

One of the common issues with the router interfaces and modules is that they are not recognized by the router. These simple steps can help identify and resolve the module issues:

use To verify hardware information for the network device, use the show diag command in EXEC or privileged EXEC mode.

#show diag

If you are running the appropriate level of software and the LED is not green, perform these steps:

Reseat the module. Make sure the module is seated properly and that the thumb screws are tightened on the module's front pane.

If the module still does not work, try it in the other slot in the same switch, or try it in another switch.

If the problem persists, it may be a hardware failure.

I am also using 2811 ISR, and need to add some Ethernet modul. Generally 8 port will be enough for me, but wondering about functionality difrencess between HWIC-D-9ESW and NME-16ES-1G-P, does one of them has better than other expect Ethernet port quantity? Thank you at advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card