cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE RAID-1 Problem

markmiller
Level 1
Level 1

Recieved RMA for a 612 with 2x300 GB drives to work as RAID-1. The drives arrived in a separate box and I tried to run the rescue CD right away after installing the drives. That didn't work and I discovered that RAID wasn't enabled yet in the drive controller. I did that and needed to build the array. I couldn't get through the "build" option; I could only "clear" the array but it's still in a "clearing" state after 24 hours. How long should this take? Am I following the wrong process? My RMA tech is "too busy" to help.

4 Replies 4

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Mark,

Are you running ACNS, WAFS, or WAAS? ACNS does not support RAID. WAFS 3.0 and WAAS 4.0 only support RAID in software, so it shouldn't be enabled on the hardware controller. Let me know what software you are running, and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach

Zach,

Running WAAS 4.0.13.23. I just tried to disable hardware RAID but it says "Active Array: cannot disable RAID support." Probably because it's still in a "clearing" state. I'm wondering if I can power down, remove a drive & power up in order to disable hardware RAID?

Thanks.

Mark

Mark,

You may need to remove both disks to inactivate the array.

Zach

Zach,

Bingo. I removed one of the drives and then I could bring down the array. All is well now...I ran the rescue CD and built the box the right way.

Thanks for your help!

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: