cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN on PIX 515e

david_c_reed
Level 1
Level 1

I have been having some trouble setting up a VPN on my PIX 515e. I tried to use the ASDM but it acts quite fussy about connecting. It will connect and then drop connection and back and forth so I am just going to use the CLI.

I was reading through the PIX CLI manual about setting user groups and so I first created an ACL called DataLan and then I created a Group Policy called Administrator and then tried to apply the ACL to the Group and it wont take:

hostname(config)# group-policy FirstGroup attributes

hostname(config-group-policy)# vpn-filter acl_vpn

Any ideas?? Please help!

4 Replies 4

david_c_reed
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry correction here:

hostname(config)# group-policy Administrator attributes

hostname(config-group-policy)# vpn-filter DataLan

David,

Could you elaborate on "it won't take". The command won't go in or it's not working as you want it to?

I think you may be missing the word "value" in your commmand.

#vpn-filter value DataLan

Sorry, when I add the DataLan argument it does not recognize this command. I copied this format directly out of the manual.

I want to make sure I have this whold process right before I continue, hopefully you can help.

I believe that I have to make ACL's, apply them to groups and then make users part of these groups to grant them specific access. Is this right?

Thanks for any help.

"Sorry, when I add the DataLan argument it does not recognize this command. I copied this format directly out of the manual."

-You just missed the word "value" in your command.

"I believe that I have to make ACL's, apply them to groups and then make users part of these groups to grant them specific access. Is this right?"

-The vpn-filter is applied to a group policy. The group policy is then applied to a specific vpn tunnel group or user account.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card