cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN on PIX 515e

david_c_reed
Level 1
Level 1

I have been having some trouble setting up a VPN on my PIX 515e. I tried to use the ASDM but it acts quite fussy about connecting. It will connect and then drop connection and back and forth so I am just going to use the CLI.

I was reading through the PIX CLI manual about setting user groups and so I first created an ACL called DataLan and then I created a Group Policy called Administrator and then tried to apply the ACL to the Group and it wont take:

hostname(config)# group-policy FirstGroup attributes

hostname(config-group-policy)# vpn-filter acl_vpn

Any ideas?? Please help!

4 Replies 4

david_c_reed
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry correction here:

hostname(config)# group-policy Administrator attributes

hostname(config-group-policy)# vpn-filter DataLan

David,

Could you elaborate on "it won't take". The command won't go in or it's not working as you want it to?

I think you may be missing the word "value" in your commmand.

#vpn-filter value DataLan

Sorry, when I add the DataLan argument it does not recognize this command. I copied this format directly out of the manual.

I want to make sure I have this whold process right before I continue, hopefully you can help.

I believe that I have to make ACL's, apply them to groups and then make users part of these groups to grant them specific access. Is this right?

Thanks for any help.

"Sorry, when I add the DataLan argument it does not recognize this command. I copied this format directly out of the manual."

-You just missed the word "value" in your command.

"I believe that I have to make ACL's, apply them to groups and then make users part of these groups to grant them specific access. Is this right?"

-The vpn-filter is applied to a group policy. The group policy is then applied to a specific vpn tunnel group or user account.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card