cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset Trojan Sigs to default

delawarecity
Level 1
Level 1

When I first began to tune the sensor, I went in with the IDM and turned on most of the older trojan definitions just to see if anything was hiding in the network. I have not had any hits on those sigs for a couple of weeks and I would like to set all the trojan sigs back to default (ie back to retired) in one stroke via the CLI. I am running version 5 of the IDS software. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

There is no single command that can reset all trojan signatures to their default values. Your best option is to re-apply the lastest service pack (not latest signature udpate) to the Sensor. This will reset most of the signatures to their default values.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

There is no single command that can reset all trojan signatures to their default values. Your best option is to re-apply the lastest service pack (not latest signature udpate) to the Sensor. This will reset most of the signatures to their default values.

Ok, thanks for your help.

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

It's pretty easy using the IDM, but I don't think you can do it using the CLI without knowing the sig numbers. FWIW, I don't think a service pack is going to do it either.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card