cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Surrounded by Cisco boxes

gdrandles
Level 1
Level 1

Someone who recently left the company ordered the following: Cisco Call Manager 7825, Cisco IPS 4240, MARS, Cisco VTC 3545, Radvision Pathfinder, Cisco 3825, and Cisco 6506. I know they had an idea of how they imagined it to work but I don't. Some of these devices do the same thing. I am trying to get an idea of how traffic would flow from outside coming in. The goal is to use VTC from client to client. Similar setup is being deployed to remote locations.

1 Reply 1

bbayer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The Radvision Pathfinder is a firewall and will probably be your connection to the internet. The Cisco 6506 is most certainly your core switch and will connect all of your devices. The 3825 is has a lot of functionality but is probably set up to be a voice gateway. This makes it your connection to the public phone system. The IPS 4240 is an Intrusion Prevention System and will sit between your firewall and your core switch. MARS is an analysis tool that works with all of your devices and puts your syslog messages into something easy for humans to read. The 7825 is essentially an IP PBX and will be the brains behind your phone system. The VTC 3545 is a video conferencing server. This will control your video conferencing.

This is certainly an off the cuff answer. I would need a lot more information to give you a complete design. There is some pretty advanced stuff in your list of equipment. I would be glad to talk to you about it.

You can reach me during west coast working hours at 800 571 1717. Ask for Brian Bayer.

Brian ": )

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: