Agent + Extension Mobility

Answered Question
Oct 16th, 2007

Hi !

I'm starting a new CallCenter application in my company.. and I'm thinking about having the IP Phones without any extension number... the Agent will be able to work after input his login/pass in the IP Phones.. so the extension mobility will provide him his extension number.

Is it possible to do ?

Do you already tryied that ?

How can I configure an automatic logout from extension mobility ? In case the agent forget to logout ... (logout in 2 hours of no activity)

Thanks.

Andrei.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Dennis Fogler about 9 years 1 month ago

UCCX definitely supports Extension Mobility with Call Center Agents. Instead of having phones without extensions, I would set up phone with a generic extension like 1000, 1001 etc.

I would assign these phones a CSS that only allowed them to call the IT help desk or a supervisor in case of EM login issues.

Auto logout from EM can be set cluster wide through the Service Parameters Configuration.

In Call Manager Administration, under System select Service Parameters. Then Select the Call Manager Server that EM is running on. Then select the EM service. The option to specify a maximum login time appears.

Hope this helps. Please Rate All Posts!!

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Dennis Fogler Tue, 10/16/2007 - 10:34

UCCX definitely supports Extension Mobility with Call Center Agents. Instead of having phones without extensions, I would set up phone with a generic extension like 1000, 1001 etc.

I would assign these phones a CSS that only allowed them to call the IT help desk or a supervisor in case of EM login issues.

Auto logout from EM can be set cluster wide through the Service Parameters Configuration.

In Call Manager Administration, under System select Service Parameters. Then Select the Call Manager Server that EM is running on. Then select the EM service. The option to specify a maximum login time appears.

Hope this helps. Please Rate All Posts!!

j.house Wed, 09/09/2009 - 05:33

Question....I am having an issue where EM Agents are getting logged out of EM (as configured), but not getting logged out of the call center. Any ideas?

andrei.goncalves Thu, 09/10/2009 - 05:12

I'm not sure if it's possible to logout.. but you can make them not ready.. You can take a look in the server menu:

system > system parameters

This field:

Agent State after Ring No Answer*

[ ] ready

[X] not ready.

Andrei.

Actions

This Discussion