cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A <switchport port-security mac-address sticky> issue.

buzzy00000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have some trouble releasing the mac-address learned sticky on an interface.

I am working on a 3560 series switch with 12.2-25 SEE1 IOS image.

Here is an example of my port configuration.

interface FastEthernet0/1

description IPWIN2S01

switchport access vlan 91

switchport mode access

switchport port-security

switchport port-security mac-address sticky

no logging event link-status

speed 100

duplex full

spanning-tree portfast

Usually, we use sticky learning for printers and a maximum of one mac address. The problem occur when we change the network card or the device itself. The mac address change but, I am not able to reset the sticky learning for the new mac. Even clear port-security sticky Dosent work. So the port stay in Err-disable mode until we deactivate the port-security or, change the default of the port-security option from 1 to 2 mac.

I have change the IOS for 12.2-40 and it seem to solve the problem.

I dosent find any issue on the cisco website.

Is there someone who already experience this kind of bug and, is there a different way to disable sticky learning without upgrading the IOS on all my switches ..

Thank your for your time ..

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

To delete sticky secure MAC addresses from the address table, disable sticky learning, which converts the sticky secure MAC addresses to dynamic secure addresses. Use the no switchport port-security mac-address sticky interface configuration command. Delete dynamic secure addresses on an interface by using the clear port-security dynamic interface interface-id privileged EXEC command. To delete a dynamic secure MAC address, use the clear port-security dynamic address mac-addr privileged EXEC command.

Thanks for the answer mchin345.

Unfortunately, I've already tried those options but, don't seem to work correctly with the OS 12.2.25 SEE1 as I said below. The commands options are available but, the clearing doesn't work.

Upgrading to 12.2.40 allowed me to use those commands without any problem.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card