cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.1 bsod on install

wnewton00
Level 1
Level 1

installing csa 5.1 on windows xp sp2 clients, bsod more than 50%. After bsod some clients will come up with csa client on them but not show in add/remove programs, or may be in add/remove but errors when trying to uninstall. (unfortunately, do not have access to any of those at moment to get error message) some will not. BSO says problem has been detected by windows. A process crucial to windows has stopped unexpectedly....

Has anyone seen this before?

3 Replies 3

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Sounds like a conflict with something else installed. Which version of 5.1 do you have? Do you have Spysweeper 3.0 or NetMotion installed?

We do not have either of those installed. Also, FN 62839 does not apply to us, we already saw that one.

The strangest thing is in this last test we ran, 8 of the 10 installed fine. These are all on exact same, brand new, newly imaged machines. There are no variables between them at all.

Yes, very weird, but I'm guessing even 20% failure is probably not very attractive.

I don't think I've seen this more than once and it was so long ago I can't remember the details.

You may want to try 5.1.0.103 since there were a lot of BSOD bugs fixed after 5.1.0.69 was released.

Could be a conflict between csanet and a NIC driver. What hardware?

Not sure what to guess without more info...

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card