cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Ideas

rgomez
Level 1
Level 1

I have people that work on the road and are hardly ever in the office. Our VP would like them to be part of our company directory on the phone system, however, we don't have extension assigned to them. They all carry Blackberries.

I would like to be able to set up "extensions" for each and have the displayed in the Directory listing, but have it forwarding to their BB numbers.

What is the easiest way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

My vote would be to set up a CTI Route Point with a Local/Listed extension for each of these users. This can be permanently forwarded to the Blackberry and you should be good to go :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

My vote would be to set up a CTI Route Point with a Local/Listed extension for each of these users. This can be permanently forwarded to the Blackberry and you should be good to go :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

That is what I was leaning towards as well. I should be able to add all the separate DN to on CTI Route point and then configure the DN to forward to the individual Blackberry numbers.

The internal people would then see the Road user's name and 4 digit extension in the Directory listing. correct??

Hi Steve,

Exactly. The users will now be listed in the Corporate Directory under their new 4-digit extension but when selected and dialed will forward to the Mobile #

Hope this helps!

Rob

Can I create a single device name and add the line (DNs) to that one CTI Route Point device?

If so, why can I not add more than 2 lines to a device?

I figured it out, had to change maximun number of calls and busy trigger from the defaults.

My new problem is: the 4 digit extensions should be able to be dialed from any of the 3 offices, but some of the numbers would be local calls from some offices and ld from others.

We have 3 offices, Quebec, Ontario and BC

How can I have the call forward number be either a long distance call or local call, depending where the caller is dialing from?

I don't know what your calling rates are, but the easiest configuration would be to just dial them all as LD.

If you wanted to treat them differently then you would need to look at your dialing plans. You should have a partition for each of the locations. For example, you can dial emergency services appropriately depending on which office you are calling from based on your partitions and calling search spaces. You could build each of these external transfers in each of the partitions and have them dialed appropriately. Remember, when you are a searching a calling search space you always start with your partition. Here is a quick example...

2319 is an extension built in Quebec with a partition of Q_Part and a CSS Q_LD that dials the partitions in the following order

- Q_Part

- O_Part (Ontario Partition)

- BC_Part (British Columbia Partition)

- Local Calls

- LD Calls

If you built external transfer of extension 4444 with a Call Forward All of the following (yes it would be built on your system 3 times (once in each partition)).

- Q_Part - Local Call

- O_Part - LD Call

- BC_Part - LD Call

A call from Quebec would use the Q_LD CSS and match it within the same partition Q_Part, and dial it as a local call.

Meanwhile, a caller in Ontario dialing 4444 that was utilizing the O_LD CSS would match it in the O_Part and dial the call as Long Distance.

Again, it would be a lot of work (make sure you use BAT), so I would only do that if my rates were quite different...

If I stated anything wrong you are welcome to jump in here.

Hope this helps,

--Joe

Hi Steve,

Just to add a vote here I would go with Joes first suggestion. 5 points for your good info Joe! You should be able to enter the Call Forward as the full LD number and let the CO take it from there;

Example: 9-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

The Central Office should route the call and Bill accordinly for Local and LD.

Hope this helps!

Rob

You guys have been more then helpful. I am learning alot about this system and this pace has been a great help! Thank you!!

One last thought: if you have a Least Cost Routing plan where calls are routed to gateways based on whether the destination is local or LD, then the plan works even better, since the cell phone call would be routed as any other call would be -- to the least expensive calling option (or out to the PSTN if the internal connections are maxed out).

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

First off, you are most welcome! This is a great community with nice people willing to help. I have learned a great deal here and I'm sure your participation will just add to value of these Forums. Welcome aboard my friend :)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: