Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME - Need users calling out on separate lines

johncaston_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Just after a piece of advice. I'm about to install a CCME system at a site that has two companies sharing the same phone system. For billing purposes they want calls made from each of the companies to use specific lines to make outgoing calls (so they can reconcile the Telecom bill).

I'm sure there's a few different ways to do this but I was hoping that someone might have a tidy (best practice) way of doing this. My initial thought was to put outgoing translation rules on the individual phones with some sort of steering code ???

Any suggestions welcomed

Thx

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, that's the main approach. Also in recent CME there is support for "fxo trunk" buttons, that will allow you seize a specific line.

The best way depends on how many lines you have, if you allow "exceeding" into other lines (to avoid one company run out of lines but still place the call anyway), allow for emergency... It may be a trick config if developed fully.

The best best way would be anyway ISDN BRI (in hunt as necessary) with two numbers or DID.

although billing is harder as you have to split by caller, it gives you robustness of ISDN and many other features.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for the reply,

What I did was set up another set of dial-peers that accessed the specific trunk-group containing one company's ISDN lines. The destination-pattern had an "A" prepended to it. I set up a translation-rule that added the "A" to the called number so it would use the correct dial-peer and assigned this to the specific ephone-dn's

Works like a dream and wasn't too onerous to set up

Thx again

Good to know, that it works for you.

To the person that has low rated my post, I suggest to use better fairness next time.

The idea was to "put outgoing translation rules on the individual phones with some sort of steering code", I confirmed this is the main method used, eventually it was implemented and found working.

So a "2" is out of place.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: