Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7911 upgrade problem

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I have a big trouble with a 7911 IP Phone. First, I load to the 7911 the SIP image for this series of IP Phones from cisco.com. With this I have no problem.

Then I want to register the 7911 again with my CCME to work with SCCP, so I did a factory reset. When the IP Phone starts the boot process, it gathers IP information from the DHCP configured in the router, but strangely, it starts upgrading its firmware from its own IP address instead of the TFTP address configured with the option 150 in the DHCP pool.

Also I tried to register this 7911 with a CCM 4.1 but I failed because of the same problem.

Also, strangely, I'm not able to do a factory reset again.

What can I do?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you checked if TFTP is set static rather than DHCP?

Anyway, try the more powerful factory reset alternate:

3491672850*#

watch out, seriously confused phones may look for term06.default.loads, even if these are 7911 in fact - happened to me today. After reflash it will be OK.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you checked if TFTP is set static rather than DHCP?

Anyway, try the more powerful factory reset alternate:

3491672850*#

watch out, seriously confused phones may look for term06.default.loads, even if these are 7911 in fact - happened to me today. After reflash it will be OK.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

I read ur message and i need ur help plz.

I want to configer my 7911 to work with SIP instead of SCCP. what should i do? and from where should i download SIP image from cisco site?

thx a lot

Hey buddy how ya doing, so to work with SIP it depends on which kind of "voice processing" you have used is it CME or CCM, cauz in case of CCM it's as simple as it would be but when using CME you have to download the SIP firmware and configure it like this:

tftp server-flash: apps11.8-3-3ES2.sbn

tftp server-flash:cnu11.8-3-3ES2.sbn

tftp server-flash:cvm11sip.8-3-3ES2.sbn

tftp server-flash:dsp11.8-3-3ES2.sbn

tftp server-flash:jar11sip.8-3-3ES2.sbn

tftp server-flash:SIP11.8-3-3SR2S.loads

tftp server-flash:term06.default.loads

tftp server-flash:term11.default.loads

And then add the following cmd under the ephone that u want it to work with SIP:

Load 7911 SIP11.8-3-3SR2S.loads

then it's done, best of luck for your hands on Lab Mr Wajih

Thx Seif,

i'm working with CCM so all i had to do is to add the phone normally to the CCM 6.0 and specify that i want to use SIP (in CCM), then the phone load automtically the firmware from the CCM and works in SIP mode.

Thx for ur help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: