cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2600 config gone

grobinson23
Level 1
Level 1

I've run the password reset procedure on two 2600 routers (confreg 0x2142 and then back to 0x2102), and now that I do a show run command, no changes that I make on these routers appear in the main configuration page. If I make a change on any interface, it will appear if I do a show run int [int name], just not in the main config page. What gives? Anyone? Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Grant

I am not clear what you are referring to when you talk about the main config page. I believe that the good news is that if the change shows up when you do show run int then the change is in the config.

But I am not clear about what is the main config page. It sounds almost like you are using SDM or perhaps the web interface to manage the router. My guess is that whatever you are using to look at the config is looking at startup config rather than at running config. Which raises the question of whether after you make your changes, you are copying the running config to startup. Perhaps you can clarify some of this?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Sorry. When I say main config page, I mean the screen that appears when a show run command is run in Hyperterminal. I use the wr mem command to save changes, but they do not appear when I use the show run command.

Grant

I still am not sure that I really understand what you are doing and what you are seeing. As I commented before, if you see the changes when you do show run interface x then I believe that the changes have been made. But I am still puzzled about what you are looking for and seeing on the "main page". When you do show run it displays the first page of the config and shows a prompt for "more" at the bottom of the page. If you press the space bar then it displays the second page of the config with another more prompt. Space bar will display the next page and so on. Are you expecting to see your change on the very first page or are you paging through the output looking for your interfaces?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card