Connect a 3750 SFP to 3548 GBIC

Answered Question
Oct 16th, 2007

I want to connect the 2 using the GBIC and SFP at Gbit Speed. What are the modules needed? What cables are needed? And copper or fiber? The 2 switches are side by side.

Thank you

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by andrew.burns about 9 years 1 week ago


If they are side by side the cheapest option would be a standard ethernet crossover cable. You'd need a GLC-T (1000Base-T SFP) on one end and a WS-G5483 (1000Base-T GBIC) on the other end.

This link is very useful:



  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)


This Discussion