cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does Weighted Round Robin Balancing Algorithm Work on a CSS

sivaprakasam
Level 1
Level 1

In one of our production environments Load balanced by a CSS 11503 ,one of the servers has higher CPU and Memory and can take more load than the other. So we need to direct more traffic to this more powerful server. I have been trying to test this scenario in the Test environment. I have configured the content rule with Weighted Round Robin as the Load Balancing Algorithm.

When a load test is performed, the service with lower weight has more hits than the Service with Higher weight. I had the same result when i changed the weight on the Content Rule or changed the weight on the Service. This behaviour was confirmed with the Show Summary command at the end of every load test run.

Has anyone excounterd this scenario previously ? If yes how could this be tweaked ? Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

can we see your config ?

This works for me in the lab.

What kind of load test do you use ? Does it simulate many clients or a single one ?

Gilles.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

can we see your config ?

This works for me in the lab.

What kind of load test do you use ? Does it simulate many clients or a single one ?

Gilles.

Thanks Giles for your assistance. we figured out what the issue was. This is a two tier architecture. We were trying to regulate traffic on the Second tier where the source of traffic was just 3 servers from the Web tier. This load balancing method wouldn't work. We have planned to add another logical instance on the more powerful box to address this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: