cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO and FXS ports

Rafael Jimenez
Level 4
Level 4

I need to know how can I get 24 FXO ports in a ISR router and what model.

Also I need another ISR router with 8 FXO and 10 FXS ports which model and configuration (EVM,NM,etc) is the most effective?. Be aware that i need at least other 2 free slots for other options like E1/T1.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Short answer, is not with few parts, actually the opposite. At some point, other devices may be more adeguate.

The 24 fxo can be done with a 2811, 4 x vic2-4fxo, 1 x nm-hd-2v with 2 x vic2-4fxo.

The other config can be done done with a minimum of a 2821 and EVM that has 8 fxs of base plus one em-6fxo and one mixed fxs/fxo EM.

Or a 2811 using first the vic slots, and again an 1 x nm-hd-2v so you have a total of 6 VIC slots.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

You can use the EVM with 2 x EM-HDA-6FXO, plus 2 x NM-HD-2V with 3 x VIC2-4FXO, plus VWIC-2MFT-E1 or VWIC2-2MFT-E1/t1, plus the WAN WIC or NM whatever is the case. Minimum PVDM module would be 2 x PVDM2-64 plus 1 x PVDM2-16.

Note the EVM will also give you 8 FXS ports.

However I strongly recommend your customer to get ISDN PRI instead of 24 x FXO, because in IP telephony, analog FXO is a continuous source of problems.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Short answer, is not with few parts, actually the opposite. At some point, other devices may be more adeguate.

The 24 fxo can be done with a 2811, 4 x vic2-4fxo, 1 x nm-hd-2v with 2 x vic2-4fxo.

The other config can be done done with a minimum of a 2821 and EVM that has 8 fxs of base plus one em-6fxo and one mixed fxs/fxo EM.

Or a 2811 using first the vic slots, and again an 1 x nm-hd-2v so you have a total of 6 VIC slots.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

If i want an ISR3845 with 1xWAN interface, 4xE1 and 24xFXO's but also the customer prefer use the EVM module, what is the right configuration?.

thanks.

You can use the EVM with 2 x EM-HDA-6FXO, plus 2 x NM-HD-2V with 3 x VIC2-4FXO, plus VWIC-2MFT-E1 or VWIC2-2MFT-E1/t1, plus the WAN WIC or NM whatever is the case. Minimum PVDM module would be 2 x PVDM2-64 plus 1 x PVDM2-16.

Note the EVM will also give you 8 FXS ports.

However I strongly recommend your customer to get ISDN PRI instead of 24 x FXO, because in IP telephony, analog FXO is a continuous source of problems.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: