14 Replies 14

Correction:

IPv6 is on the road map for 2008.

Regards,

Mark

Donald Nash
Level 3
Level 3

Like IPsec, IPv6 is a native part of the FreeBSD underpinnings of AsyncOS. I imagine that the comments made in my IPsec thread are applicable here.

Yes it does ...

shannon.hagan
Level 1
Level 1

Government agencies are requiring IPV6 by June 2008 (see http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/memoranda/fy2005/m05-22.pdf ).

I think that US Govt IPV6 date is slipping a bit. A lot of our vendors say that the IPV6 heat is out of the US Govt market now due to reality setting in.

However, if Ironport could just enable the IPV6 bit in the AsyncOS kernel, that's a handy tick in the box for me that I don't need to worry about in the future.

Hi all,

I am the Group Product Manager for our email products at IronPort.

As Mark mentioned, IPv6 is definitely a focus of area for IronPort in the coming time frame.

We have engaged a few organizations/customers who are interested in IPv6, but we definitely could use more interaction with folks who have solid use cases and implementation direction.

Please feel free to follow up with me directly if you would like to discuss this further.

Thanks
Nick Edwards
Group Product Manager
IronPort

rokeeffe265
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
Apologies for dragging up an old thread.
I'm just wondering has there been any updates regarding ipv6 support on AsyncOS lately.

Regards.

Hi Roen,

We are currently in the process of soliciting more use cases for IPv6. So far we have yet to come across any customers deploying IPv6 along with their email infrastructure. If you have any thoughts, we'd like to hear them! This would be a good place to post and start a dialog with other members of the Nation.

Thanks,
Nick

Donald Nash
Level 3
Level 3

Hey Nick,

While we're talking about new IP-level features, is there anything new on the IPsec front? See my post above for a link to the thread where I brought this up some time ago.

rokeeffe265
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nick,
cheers for the response.

We've been running ipv6 capable smtp servers for the past three years and have had ipv6 implemented across the rest of our infrastructure since 2003.

While I appreciate that ipv6 users may be in the minority at the moment that situation will change over the next few years.

One of the reasons that we went with Ironport was the fact that we were told
that v6 would be implemented in Q4 '08.
Just wondering if this is likely to happen in the foreseeable future.
Regards,
Ronan

It's been over a year since the last post on this thread and IPv4's deathmarch continues. Any news from Ironport on when we can realistically expect IPv6 support on AsyncOS?

It's currently not a pressing issue for us, but it's a bit of a chicken and egg situation - if it was available I am certain more people would implement it sooner.

Andrew Wurster
Level 1
Level 1

IPv6 is still not supported and I don't see any mention of it. if you check out the following KB and open a support ticket with the necessary info, we can hook in your company to the feature request ID 52760 which asks for this.

How to ask for a feature change:
http://tinyurl.com/mm8r26

thanks!

andrew

Ticket raised. Thanks

rokeeffe265
Level 1
Level 1

Ticket raised. Thanks

Same here.
And thanks again awurster.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: