cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7941 on light cycles when loading

scoreitis
Level 1
Level 1

When I plug in a 7941, it gets the inline power from the switch, lights all LEDs and performs the following cycle:

Breifly lights the Mute button, and then lights the Speaker button. After about 10 seconds, the Speaker light goes off, line 1 button blinks amber once, line 2 button blinks green once and the Headset button gets lit. Then line 1 button blinks green once and line 2 button blinks green once. The Headset button stays lit. After about 19/20 blinks of the green line buttons, The Headset light goes off and the cycle starts again from the breif lighting of the Mute button.

This cycle takes about 2 minutes. There is never any information displayed on the LCD screen, and therefore will not register. Is this recoverable?

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Score,

Have a look at this thread with some excellent info from NetPro Paolo :) He doesn't monitor this Forum usually so I thought I would pass this along;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dddfc44/0#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi -

In addition to Rob's post, make sure the CallManager has the correct phone model selected, i.e. the behavior you are seeing will be similar if a 7960 model was chosen for the MAC by mistake. Speaking from experience ;-)

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: