Cannot record Call Handler Greeting

Unanswered Question
Oct 17th, 2007

I have a customer who has 2 CCM integrated with his Unity box(4.2) the ports 1-16 are for his CCM 4.x and ports 17-48 are for CCM 5.x. The issue is when I go to the Call Handler and point it to a phone to do a recording, I see it trying to go out port 16 which is the CCM 4.x. I have it set correctly in the Call Handlers Profile - Switch - pointing to 5.x integration but when I go to greeting and set my phone number to dial it shows it going out port 16. I have also made sure that my switch setting are pointing to the cCM 5.x integration.

Any thoughts ?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
eschulz Wed, 10/17/2007 - 10:13

The TRaP settings used don't come from the Call Handler that you are modifying. Instead, it uses the settings for the Subscriber account that you've logged in as. For example, if you log into the SA using an AD account associated with Example Administrator, which in turn is associated with the CCM 4.x integration, then TRaP dialouts during that SA session will use the CCM 4.x ports.

-Eric

tony.hanson Wed, 10/17/2007 - 10:30

Makes sense, I did go back and set the Example Admin switch to now point to the ccm5.x, it was pointing to the 4.x

I rested but still had no luck, it still seems to be pointing to port 16 of the CCM4.x

Christopher McAlpin Wed, 10/17/2007 - 12:51

More than likely the admin account you are logged in to the SA with is not associated with the Unity Subscriber "Example Administrator".

By default when you choose your System Administration account during Cisco Unity setup, the setup program associates the AD account you chose with a dummy Unity subscriber account called "installer". This account does not show up in the SA (it's hidden) but it does reside in the SQL database.

You can use UTIM (Manage Integrations) to re-associate the "installer" account with a diffrent integration. To do this, open the Manage Integrations snap in from Start > Programs > Unity

Choose "Tools", then choose "Subscriber Phone System Associations. From there you can check the "installer" accuont and re-associate it with your other integration.

If you are using a diffrent AD account that you manually associated with a Unity subscriber using the grantunityaccess utility, you can go to a command prompt, switch to the Commserver directory and type "grantunityaccess -l" to find out which Unity subscriber account your AD account is associated with, and then use the Manage Integrations (UTIM) snap in to re-associate as I described above.

Actions

This Discussion