Views
Helpful
Replies

Site-2-Site VPN on Cisco 2801 and with NAT traverse

goncalo_gil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I would like to configure two Cisco 2801 using IPSEC/IKE. Both routers are connected to the internet via DSL lines. The DSL line have RFC1918 addressing on the LAN side where the routers connected to facing the internet. I can do NAT on the DSL modems.

Do the Cisco IOS 2801 routers allow to configure site-2-site VPN with NAT traverse?

Here is a model of physical/IP setup:

LAN<->2801<-Priv IP->DSL Modem<-Internet->DSL modem<-Priv IP-> 2801<-> LAN

Thanks

Goncalo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

Yes you are good to go only if one or both of the sites has a IP address which is statically natted with the private IP address. Most of the implementation of IPSec on ISR support NAT traverse so that should not be a concern

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

Yes you are good to go only if one or both of the sites has a IP address which is statically natted with the private IP address. Most of the implementation of IPSec on ISR support NAT traverse so that should not be a concern

Hi Attrquatum - I have exactly the same config, except my 2811's have WIC1-ADSL cards in them, so that I have NAT and public addresses assigned to each ATM0/0/0. As this is my first ever attempt at site-to-site VPN, might you post (a most simplified) config's to get me started? It would be much appreciated. br

Hi There

Also looking for a basic config to get me going, except i'm using a 3600 at HO,and need to connect from home using an 800 series router with an ADSL line... any suggestions?