Views
Helpful
Replies

Site-2-Site VPN on Cisco 2801 and with NAT traverse

goncalo_gil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I would like to configure two Cisco 2801 using IPSEC/IKE. Both routers are connected to the internet via DSL lines. The DSL line have RFC1918 addressing on the LAN side where the routers connected to facing the internet. I can do NAT on the DSL modems.

Do the Cisco IOS 2801 routers allow to configure site-2-site VPN with NAT traverse?

Here is a model of physical/IP setup:

LAN<->2801<-Priv IP->DSL Modem<-Internet->DSL modem<-Priv IP-> 2801<-> LAN

Thanks

Goncalo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

Yes you are good to go only if one or both of the sites has a IP address which is statically natted with the private IP address. Most of the implementation of IPSec on ISR support NAT traverse so that should not be a concern

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

Yes you are good to go only if one or both of the sites has a IP address which is statically natted with the private IP address. Most of the implementation of IPSec on ISR support NAT traverse so that should not be a concern

Hi Attrquatum - I have exactly the same config, except my 2811's have WIC1-ADSL cards in them, so that I have NAT and public addresses assigned to each ATM0/0/0. As this is my first ever attempt at site-to-site VPN, might you post (a most simplified) config's to get me started? It would be much appreciated. br

Hi There

Also looking for a basic config to get me going, except i'm using a 3600 at HO,and need to connect from home using an 800 series router with an ADSL line... any suggestions?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: