Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC cra_db replication

cairns-a
Level 1
Level 1

We have IPCC 4.05.

We would like to write and test custom reports. I do not want to test the custom reports against the production server.

Can I replicate the database to another SQL server?

If so what db's need to be replicated?

Thanks

Trae

3 Replies 3

Dennis Fogler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe there is any supported replication to an offline or development database with UCCX. However, If you really want to build a development copy of the database, the safest and most non obtrusive way to get a copy of the production data is the use BCP.

BCP or "Bulk Copy Process" is a SQL 2000 utility that allows you to copy both table data & table formats into a flat file that can be loaded into another SQL 2000 database.

As far as the tables you probably want to grab most of the tables in the schema, approx 22 in all. This will ensure that the reports built in the "development" environment will work in the production environment.

As always when working with production data & systems take precaution to safe gaurd the data. i.e BARS Backup, Pull a drive, run BCP in off hours etc.

Thanks Dennis.

We only want to copy UCCX db and put in a location for testing. We may update it from time to time but not a daily thing.

Would doing a backup and then restore that backup to another SQL server work?

Or would using the BCP be the best way?

Thanks

Trae

Back up and Restores are also an option. They can be a little tedious when not restoring to an exact copy of the SQL Database such as a development server .

BCP is just really clean and non obstrusive. If you really want to go the back up route, a faster option would be to just stop the DB, detach it through SQL, copy the DB & Log file, then reaatach the copys to a development SQL server and start it up.

This of course will require alittle bit of downtime as stopping the SQL Server will also stop CRS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: