I have a 48 ports PoE that does not supply power to devices. I get this error:

ILPOWER-3-CONTROLLER_PORT_ERR: Controller port error, Interface Fa0/1

: Power given, but Power Controller does not report Power Good

Any tip? help?

9 Replies 9

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try updating the IOS image, if the problem persists, it may be a hardware problem. You need to open a TAC case for a RMA.

Hi Edison:

IOS was updated from 12.2(25)SEB4 to 12.2(25)SEE4, and problem persits.

Jacinto

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jacin,

I will like to know the exact image or IOS release you are running on this box and what is connecte don this interface (fa0/1)? Is this the only interface giving you an error message or any other interface also reports same issue?

Regards,

Ankur

Hi Ankur:

IOS version is 12.2(25)SEE4. I have connected Cisco IP Phone 79xx. All ports report the same problem.

Regards,

Jacinto

Hi Jacinto,

Were these ports connected to some non POE device earlier and now you started plugging ip phones? Or it was always with poe devices?

Regards,

Ankur

Some ports had non POE but most of them just IP Phones. This Fa0/1 always had an ip phone 7910G

Regards,

Jacinto

Hi Jacinto,

Can you give a try with this command "power inline static" and then shut and no shut on this port and if this does not work then is it posible for you to upgrade to 12.2(40)SE release and if not I believe you have to go with the option mentioned by Edison contacting TAC.

Regards,

Ankur

Hi Ankur:

I updated to 12.2(40)SE release and problem persits. Thank you very much for your help! I think I have to contact TAC as Edison mentioned.

If you found something else related to this please let me know.

Regards,

Jacinto

wangyz
Level 1
Level 1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco