cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco unity administrator

sunnyverghese
Level 1
Level 1

i have a Cisco Unity 4.0 Build 4.0(3), wish to add new user to manager the unity server , how i can add new domain users for managing the server.

Your Exchange Domain Account [hcl\george] is associated with multiple Cisco Unity Subscribers.

Please select the subscriber as whom you wish to sign in.

in the selection menu there are two users one for the default administrator and one for george.

kindly help to create the new user to manager the unity server.

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

How much of the server do you want the Domain user to perform? If just Unity SA, all functions including system configuration, call handlers, account policies etc. AND the user is a subscriber, you just need to update the user's COS to one that has those permissions. Typically this is the "Default Administrator". On our system, we created a COS called DEAdmins, which mimics our domain administrative permissions and includes additional settings beyond what is provided for in the Unity Default Administrator. If you want the user to also logon to the server and be able to manage Unity services, perform maintenance such as OS updates, you will need to add the user to the Unity server's Local Administrators group at minimum.

Ginger

Thank you for your reply i will configure and update you teh status.