Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 supported on IAD2431-1T1E1?

limbrickh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm a little confused about the status of support for E1 connections on IAD2431-1T1E1 devices. Nearly all the documentation I read for this device says that it has 2 T1/E1 ports. However when I read the release notes for IOS release 12.4 it states...

'One or two T1 ports for WAN connection or with channel-associated signaling (CAS) for connection to a digital PBX, except for the Cisco IAD2430-24FXS IAD, which supports none. E1 ports are currently not supported.'

What do they mean 'E1 ports are currently not supported'? Does this mean that the T1/E1 ports are just really T1 ports or can they really be used to connect to another E1 device?

FYI...we are wanting to implement a SIP gateway connecting to our existing IVR servers running Dialogic D/600JCT-1E1 E1 cards so any advice on a good device to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

the IAD doesn't really appear the right product.

The smaller router you can use is the 1861 (just been introduced, possibly not available yet), or a 2801 voice bundle with VWIC or VWIC2, plus upgrade of the pvdm2 to the necessary number of channels.

This will let you connect SIP and do everything.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi

I have started looking into this option (2801) and it looks promising. Thanks very much for your advice!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: