cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7961 phone led buttons keep flashing sequentially

cfajardo1_2
Level 1
Level 1

7961 phone led buttons keep flashing sequentially after trying to reset to factory default. also the headset led is steadt lighted.

thanks

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, your phone either not getting an ip adress with option 150 in dhcp, or is looking for term61.default.loads, make sure you have it on the tftp server together will the associated firmware files.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

with this status, we cant do anything on the phone..leds just keeps sequentially flashing and the menus and buttons seems not activated at all.. we just want to reset it to factory default which is not happening..

thanks

Yes, you need to activate the steps above.

If you are not sure which ip address and TFTP server the phone is using, observe the packets it sends using ethereal or similar tool.

ttrentler
Level 4
Level 4

You may have turned it into a brick. I had an engineer power cycle a phone during a factory reset and it acted the same way. I called TAC and they said the flash was probably corrupted since the phone was cycled while the sequence was writing to flash.

I still have to see a cisco phone turned into a brick. All flash corruption have proved to be recoverable.

Just connect phone to a PC with ethereal and observe if it sends DHCP/TFTP requests out. If it does, it can be recovered.

hello,

cisco tac will be replacing the phone.

thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: