Call queue simulation and CVP 3.1

Answered Question
Oct 18th, 2007

Hi all,

We have inherited a project on CVP 3.1 (only a VGW and a CCM, no ICM!!) to do the following task:

- only one agent

- when a call arrives, it must be transfered to the agent

- if the agent is busy, message + moh

We have read on documentation that queuing is not possible without ICM.

Also technicians and instructors from all Europe (met in ATP courses) say is quite hard to do without ICM.

Any clue?

Someone say "use TCL!"....We are very confused also after "CVP implementation" course.

Can you give any hint? Thanks in advance.

Chris

Correct Answer by Riccardo Bua about 9 years 3 months ago

HI Christian,

I would consider using Extended Services(aka AutoAttendant) for this, it is a free CCO downloadable application that would do a basic routing on a CCM extension and you could deflect the incoming number to a Unity voice mail by example if the application is not in service due to the time or it is busy.

Regards,

Riccardo

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
c.bergamaschi Mon, 10/22/2007 - 03:01

Thanks Geoff for your answer.

Do you think is possible to make a sequence on VXML document such like:

- play a bit of music

- try transfer

- Transfer failed? go on, else stop.

- play a bit of music

- try transfer

- Transfer failed? go on, else stop.

It should be enough for us.

Riccardo Bua Mon, 10/22/2007 - 03:01

Chris,

your post is really confused, how do you determine a phone is an agent if there is no ICM involved?

Anyway if you have one extensione and are using a GW as an IVR then you should use a TCL script and maybe also a VXML interaction to route the call to the extension and hold it there if the extension is busy.

For reference on how to program similar solution please refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2192/products_programming_reference_guide_chapter09186a00801ce92e.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_administration_guide_book09186a008022a7e6.html

Regards,

Riccardo

c.bergamaschi Tue, 10/23/2007 - 00:20

Sorry for confusion, I'm new to this technology and fresh from course.

Network diagram is easy

- VGW

- VXML Server

- Call Manager

Every call arriving on VGW, for a particular number, should be transfered to a particular phone (extension) of the call manager.

I don't think we have to develop tcl. Just a default scripto to download VXML document.

Isn't it?

c.bergamaschi Thu, 11/15/2007 - 02:21

After a long tunnel now I can see the light.

Last step to success is understanding decision sintax to make "boolean expression".

Try to explain better.

I'd like to make a decision element on CVP 3.1 that check if the store is closed or open.

What I really need is how to create a boolean expression like this:

If (( greater than 15) and ( greter than 30)) and (( less than 20) and ( less than 30))

then is "Open"

else is "Close"

In this moment I'm only able to make boolean expressions like <> so I can check the hour but not the minutes.

I've studied any available document and forum post without success. If someone can post a simple example would be great.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Christian B.

Correct Answer
Riccardo Bua Thu, 11/15/2007 - 05:05

HI Christian,

I would consider using Extended Services(aka AutoAttendant) for this, it is a free CCO downloadable application that would do a basic routing on a CCM extension and you could deflect the incoming number to a Unity voice mail by example if the application is not in service due to the time or it is busy.

Regards,

Riccardo

c.bergamaschi Thu, 11/15/2007 - 05:10

Hi Riccardo,

my application is ready: we only need to decide if the store is open or closed according to time.

I think that a "decision" block can do the job just using correct sintax in XML.

Actualy we have solved the queue simulation problem.

Thanks.

Christian B.

Actions

This Discussion