Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BARS is not working

Hi,

We are running CCM 4.1(3) Cluster and IPCC Express 4.0

Past Couple of Days BARS(Backup and Restore Server)is not working,in BARS admin page it says:

"A Backup or restore process is in progress

Please try again after some time"(this state is for past couple of days)

After Resetting BARS, still backup is not happenning.

In logs it shows that Backup of CCM publisher is happenning successfully,but for IPPC Express it stops with message " staging the server x.x.x.x.....",

Please some one help me out!!

Regards,

8 Replies 8

Not applicable

You need to reset the BARS using the reset status button. after restting try again.

Shut down BARS on the BARS server by doing the following:

Go to Call Manager Publisher

c:/windows\system32\mstsc.exe - 100.200.175.51 and sign on with admin and cisco p/w:

1. Close all of the IE in all TS sessions and console - (usually we can skip this step).

2. Go to Start> Programs> Administrative Tools> Component Services.

3. In the window that opens, left click on Component Services> Computers> My Computer > COM+ Applications> BARS, right click and select "Shut down".

4. Go to IPCC desktop

c:/windows\system32\mstsc.exe - 100.200.175.71 and sign on with admin and Cisco CM p/w and on desktop click on “clear archive.exe” patch.

5. Go to "Services" on Publisher desktop and Right click on the "IIS Admin Service" and "world wide web publishing service" to restart.

6. Go to START> programs> Cisco BARS> BARS Admin> sign on with admin and p/w> backup> “backup now” to Rerun the restore / backup that was failing.

Sorry I hit submit before I was finished. This in a known bug.

Tonda

Hi Tondaboreman,

You are talking about a known bug.

Do you know the bug-id ?

Kind Regards,

Mario

Here it is CSCef13462 .

Tonda

tondaboreman,

Where do I find the clear archive.exe patch?

Are you able to find the file?

Thanks,

Stefano

Yup. Here you go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: