Views
Helpful
Replies

New US DST update

waynetall
Level 1
Level 1

Got new DST update notice from Cisco today:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a00807e02b1.shtml

I'm totally lost for it:

1, Cisco Unified Communications Manager - 5.0(4) is in not affected list.

Then it says:

For Cisco Unified Communication Manager 5.x there is no customer access to the "Automatically adjust clock for DST" setting. The clock should have advanced ahead by one hour at 2:01 A.M. on March 11, 2007. To correct this, after 4:00 A.M. on April 1, 2007, the customer will need to manually set the server clock to the current local time on each Cisco Unified Communication Manager cluster node.

2, "- If the customer applied the Manual Clock Advance workaround on March 11, 2007":

where/what is the advance workaround?

Thanks any reply in advance.

Wayne

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Wayne,

This just gets more and more confusing. I am usually very kind and forgiving towards Cisco but....they need to get it together on this DST JUNK. OK (I feel better now :)

Here is my take on this newest version of this doc (for CCM 5.0(4)and earlier. I have edited certain ares;

Manual Workaround for Cisco Unified Communcation Manager 5.x or later

To manually configure the time, see

Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration Guide, Release 5.0(4)

For Cisco Unified Communication Manager 5.x there is no customer access to the "Automatically adjust clock for DST" setting. The clock should have fell back by one hour at 3:01 A.M. on October 28, 2007. To correct this, after 3:01 A.M. on October 28, 2007, the customer will need to manually set the server clock (ahead by 1 hour)to the current local time on each Cisco Unified Communication Manager cluster node.

On November 4, 2007, after 03:01 A.M., move the clock back one hour on each Cisco Unified Communication Manager cluster node.

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: Sorry for venting, but I think people need to proof read things before sending them out. Especially when so many of us depend on them for acuracy

Hi Rob,

Nice to talk to you again here. I agree with your thought for Cisco. We need kick somebody's ass at Cisco.

So your idea is, 5.0(4) is affected by the junk DST. We didn't do the DST change for our customers and no complain form them. Now Cisco says it's affected!

What a f... !@#!@#@#@$$#$%^%&,

you know what I mean (I feel better now :-)

Have a nice one!

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Now that we both feel better from venting lets think about this :) I was trying to find a copy of the doc from last Spring but no luck so far. Perhaps what Cisco found in testing is that the Time and Date would change properly in the Spring-Forward but have now discovered that the Fall-Back portion is broken. In the doc I am attaching there is an actual 5.0(4) patch as well as the Manual workaround. Have a look, I find this doc a lot more consise!

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thx Rob!

I had the doc before but can't find it any more.

Save me a lot of time.

Only find on Cisco, the partial content of your doc here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Tablebuild/doftp.pl?ftpfile=/cisco/crypto/3DES/voice/callmgr/4.1/ciscocm.4-1-3-2007-DST-Update.1-0-1-readme.htm

But it doesn't contains JER upgrade steps ( on 4.1(3)SR4D). Cisco slaps itself again here.

For the 5.0(4), the workaround from the doc you provided from Cisco, mentions change the date/time group manually. The date/time group can only config time-zone and NTP. I guess Cisco means change the time-zone to a one with 1 hour late than the normal one on Oct 28, and change it back to normal on Nov 4. The doc is still not clear.

I had a look at the 5.0(4) installation manual, once configured NTP server, you can't manually change the time any more unless delete the ntp reference.

Appreciate your time on the post.

Have a nice weekend.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

You are most welcome my friend :) It's always good to have someone to share the pain with! This new doc along with the DST Field Notice do indicate the need for some attention with CCM 5.0(4).

Best of luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Take care and have a great weekend as well,

Rob

waynetall
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the doc for upgrade win os, part of DSP job. Hope somebody can save time on finding this:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/osbios.htm

Same problem here, even tho I'm at 4.5aSR2 (which was current as of not-too-long-ago). CCM is 4.2(3)

My workaround was to put all phones into the next time zone east of here.

It would be nice to get some concise instructions, and I don't think those are going to come from CCO, based on what's been published so far.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: