cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a stack member ... problems???

pepito1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have two 3750s on a stack that are on production and the customer has buyed 2 more switches. I have to add this 2 new switches to the stack. Can i put them without turning off the other two that are on stack? and if i can, this cause a problem with the normal process of the stack because the process that run on the customer site can not be lost.

Thanks in advanced,

Jose

3 Replies 3

hand_sime
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can add the 2 switches without powering off the stack. Verify all the switches have the same image and make sure the new switches are powered off when connecting the stack cables. You may provision the third switch as switch 3 and 4th as switch 4 in advance. Ensure the master switch is set to higher priority (15) than the new switches with default priority 1. While this should not cause service interruption under normal condition, you might wanna do it during a scheduled maintenance downtime.

hand_sime
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can add the 2 switches without powering off the stack. Verify all the switches have the same image and make sure the new switches are powered off when connecting the stack cables. You may provision the third switch as switch 3 and 4th as switch 4 in advance. Ensure the master switch is set to higher priority (15) than the new switches with default priority 1. While this should not cause service interruption under normal condition, you might wanna do it during a scheduled maintenance downtime.

Hi i have a problem when i do this last night. The Switches that are on the stack are Cisco WS-C3750G-24TS-E (Enhanced model) and the other two that i want to add are Catalyst 3750G-48TS. The Switches that are on the stack has an old version c3750-i5-mz.121.14-EA1a.bin so when i try to add the first new member it showed me a message that said "version mismatch". What can i do now?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card