cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH

rgomez
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to import multiple music files and have the MOH play them like a play list.

What we want to do, is import 5 - 10 songs and have them cycle through playing continuously.

We don't want just one song playing all the time. Also, when a person gets put on hold can the music just start from where it is playing (so the person doesn't always here the same song starting?)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

Format:

Average Data Rate 8.0 kb/second

Sample Rate 8.0 Khz

Audi Sample Size 8.0 Bit

Channels 1 (Mono)

Here is how to change the MOH for CallManager;

Music On Hold Audio Sources

An MOH audio translator service converts administrator-supplied audio sources to the proper format for the music on hold server to use. The audio translator uses two parameters, an input directory and an output directory. You can configure the input directory, which defaults to C:\Program Files\Cisco\MOH\DropMOHAudioSourceFilesHere, on a per-service basis. The output directory, a clusterwide parameter, contains a Universal Naming Convention (UNC) name to a shared directory on the default MOH TFTP directory. For whatever directory is specified, append \MOH.

When the administrator drops an audio source file into the input directory, the MOH Audio Translator processes the file and then moves it into the output directory along with any files that are generated. Cisco CallManager supports most audio source file formats as input sources, including wav and mp3 files. After the input audio source is converted, an audio source file exists for each codec type that the music on hold server supports. Supply the highest quality source that is available.

From this good MOH doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a9f.html#wp1027441

Also,here is a great answer from Jorge that explains things perfectly;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddbd2c3/0#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

briley
Level 1
Level 1

You can either use the live audo souce with a CD or you have to use some audio editing program to make the 10 songs one big file. Call manager will not cycle through MOH files.

I have joined 5 songs in mp3 format that sounds just fine. when I copy this larger mp3 to the dropaudiofileshere folder and it converts it to wav, when I test the wav file, it sounds very staticy.

Any one thing that could cause this???

You need special software to properly convert mp3 to audio files usable for telephony.

Cooledit is one of them, you need to activate the conversion from a menu, not just 'save as'.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I used a good mp3 joiner program to join the files together into one large mp3. Then moved the mp3 files to the drophere folder and let CM do the conversion. Is that incorrect? or will CM not convert mp3 properly?

Is there a recommended format and settings for the mp3 file to be, before letting the system convert it to wav (CM Conversion)

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

Format:

Average Data Rate 8.0 kb/second

Sample Rate 8.0 Khz

Audi Sample Size 8.0 Bit

Channels 1 (Mono)

Here is how to change the MOH for CallManager;

Music On Hold Audio Sources

An MOH audio translator service converts administrator-supplied audio sources to the proper format for the music on hold server to use. The audio translator uses two parameters, an input directory and an output directory. You can configure the input directory, which defaults to C:\Program Files\Cisco\MOH\DropMOHAudioSourceFilesHere, on a per-service basis. The output directory, a clusterwide parameter, contains a Universal Naming Convention (UNC) name to a shared directory on the default MOH TFTP directory. For whatever directory is specified, append \MOH.

When the administrator drops an audio source file into the input directory, the MOH Audio Translator processes the file and then moves it into the output directory along with any files that are generated. Cisco CallManager supports most audio source file formats as input sources, including wav and mp3 files. After the input audio source is converted, an audio source file exists for each codec type that the music on hold server supports. Supply the highest quality source that is available.

From this good MOH doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a9f.html#wp1027441

Also,here is a great answer from Jorge that explains things perfectly;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddbd2c3/0#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks everyone, but I think I have not explained the problem clearly.

I have following the normal steps for converting the files, as stated in the above link.

The problem is once that file has been converted, when I play it back as MOH on a phone, there is a lot of scratching sounds, static, that was not present in the orginial mp3 format.

I am not sure why it is doing this!

I attempted it again (about the 5th time) and the conversion sounds much better, not great as it is mono, but it will work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: