cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Overhead Pagin integration with CCM

UCcomp2007
Level 2
Level 2

Back with specifics and need some guidance. Our customer has Bogen overhead amplifier system and has purchased the telephony access module from Valcom V9970 (to integrate with CCM 4.1). It was prevsiosly mentioned that we should use an FXO interface to connect into the V9970 as opposed to ATA or FXS. Can someone provide the reasoning for why the FXO is needed and any specific paramaters to ensure proper disconnect. any other advise is appreciated. thanks

1 Reply 1

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

I have had some compatibility issues in the past between Valcom Access Modules and Bogen Amps because they work on different Voltages. It might work but if/when you talk to Either Tech Support in turns into finger pointing. I usually use a TAMB which is the Bogen version of their Telephone Access Module when connecting to a Bogen AMP which can do either FXS or FXO. If you use FXO then you need a 24v power supply.

As far as disconnect issues, I have had my share of disconnect problems on both FXS and FXO, so that is why I like a device that can do both so I have options when it comes time to implement.

In my experience though I have had better luck with FXO.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: