cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load Balancing Problem with CSS switches.

jimb
Level 1
Level 1

I had a CSS 11051 configured to load balance SSL connections across four servers in support of a home grown application. In the rule I had the command "advanced-balance SSL" applied to the rule. It worked great.

The switch died off in a power surge recently, so I configured the servers to load balance from a CSS 11503. We immediately developed a problem with session state on our connections. I configued the switch to stick at layer 3 with the command "advanced-balance sticky-srcip", and were again able to session state.

Does anyone have any insight into why the "advanced-balance SSL" command would work on the CSS 11051, but not work on the CSS 11503?

1 Reply 1

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

I understand that when you use the command advanced-balance ssl you got this error, Unable to connect to Site 0000PL, Request failed: 4 Send failed, SSL Handshaking failed (Error1705), but if you remove the command the application works.

Could you please try this?

content Secure_Content_443

protocol tcp

add service USPLSSCWW901_443

add service USPLSSCWW902_443

vip address 192.85.31.153

advanced-balance SSL

port 443 < ---- add this please

application SSL < ---- add this please

active

Please let me know if works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: