cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resetting voicemail passwords

cvc505urq
Level 1
Level 1

I have just taken over as the system admin for this company. We currently have an integrated CME system in our 2800 router. Voice mail boxes have been set up on all the existing phones but nobody remembers their voicemail password. Is there anyway I can access the voicemail system and change the passwords? I have looked all over the gui interface but cannot find any reference to passwords at all.

8 Replies 8

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I believe you have a CUE system. Under the CME config, you will be able to see the IP address of the CUE module under

int service-module 0/0.

You should be able to log into the CUE by browsing to that IP address. I hope you remember the password that was set during initialization to log into CUE. Once this is done, you can reset indidivual voicemail account passwords.

Or else you will have to session into the CUE module via command line and manually reset passwords. To session into the CUE module from the CME router you will type.

service-module service-Engine x/y session

(match x and y with the slot/port you find in your config).

Here is a guide with commands to maintain, create, update users/voicemail boxes in a CUE system.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ef7a7.html

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I may be missing some user ZID's and password because when I access the cue module via the browser, I am able to log in and see most of the configuration information but I see nowhere that allows me to reset a password.

In addition, when I telnet into the router, and tryt to issue the int service-module command I get an unrecognized command error message.

It is possible my predessesor has not given me the full scoop on this if that is the case, is there a way to reset the admin password without losing the entire setup?

Do you have a Cisco Unity or a CUE?

rlp

Good question above, do you have CUE or Unity? Please post your configs (sh run) and sh version , we can tell you if its a CUE or Unity integration. Please mask all passwords, public IP or any other sensitive information from the sh run output.

BTW here is a password reset link for CUE.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_password_recovery09186a008042aa29.shtml

For resetting password for the CME GUI, you can use the following commands.

telphony-service

web admin system name administrator password

exit

wr mem

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

OK here is my Version and run info:

To be honest, I am not sure. When I access the IP address that I was given for the voice mail system I see a login that says "Cisco Unity Express Voice Mail / Auto Attendant" so I would assume I have a CUE. As I have said, Documentation on this equipment is really lacking here, My predessor seems to have taken it of-site.

Yes I would say that you have CUE, I was going to help you do a bulk edit with Cisco Unity to change all of the passwords. Not sure how in CUE.

rlp.

bit late in the day I know, but hopefully benefit others and act as a self reminder.

from top left of screen click on configure. Then select users. A pop-up window will provide you with the password field per user. You can change it here.

bye everyone.

Ajaz :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: