cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5 - Licensed Features

dmuran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, I have Unity 5 in a demo environment but I don't see an option for message monitor to enable it. I believe that the license I got includes this feature too but my question for you is; what do I have to have licensed in order to see message monitor, visual voicemail, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Phone view and message monitor are not licensed features. You can simply enable them by going to Unity Tools depot and click on the integrations and you will see a Phone View tab. This sets the global configurations for Phoneview, like Callmanager administrator user name and the CTI user you define in Callmanager. ( i am assuming you have already done all that).

Then under each Subscriber in Unity, under Features menu, you enable Message monitor.

HTH

Sankar.

PS: Please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks Sankar. That's exactly what threw me off suspecting that I might not have license for this feature. I got the CTI user (Application User, correct?), phones associated with this user as well. In the Unity, I enabled the message monitor and updated user name and password for this application user associated with the phones but when I go in the Features menu for either user I don't see an option for Message Monitor.

I have Broadcast Messages with 2 selectable options.

I have Find Messages by Phone with 2 options and I have Message Security with 3 options. That's all I have under features for the subscriber. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Did you restart unity when it prompted you to do so after updating phone view settings ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I did. I restarted the services but didn't restart the server and when you just mentioned it I went through the reboot process.

Same thing. I have the message monitor enabled and when I go to features I don't see that feature to check and enable for the user. Any ideas? Thanks for spending your time helping.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: