Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone gets restarted Automatically

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

We have 1 Cisco Call Manager & 20 Cisco IP phones registered to CCM, yesterday i have downloaded the Cisco IP Communicator(Softphone) & installed in my PC, & given the tftp ip address(which is the CCM IP address), but my PC's MAC address is not yet registered with the CCM, now what happens is when ever i run IP communicator on my PC(even though it is not registered) rest of the Cisco IP phones are getting restarted. this restart happens until i close my IP communicator on my PC, what could be the problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ghaday
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, you need to register your PC MAC address on the CCM & you need to adjust network adapter..

If you have multiple adapters and are prompted to choose one..immediately after installing Cisco IP Communicator, yoursystem administrator will tell you which adapter to choose.

at the end you need to cheeck that the service is active on the CCM server and not down..

Ghada M.

CCVP certified

Ghada.younis@halliburton.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ghaday
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, you need to register your PC MAC address on the CCM & you need to adjust network adapter..

If you have multiple adapters and are prompted to choose one..immediately after installing Cisco IP Communicator, yoursystem administrator will tell you which adapter to choose.

at the end you need to cheeck that the service is active on the CCM server and not down..

Ghada M.

CCVP certified

Ghada.younis@halliburton.com

thanks Ghada, this is what i was thinking, since i don't know much as these stuff, i thought i will post in the forum & get a confirmation from the experianced personz on the VoIP stuffz :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: